Canon Rebel T5 (1200D)
Features of Canon Rebel T5
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and high-performance DIGIC 4 Image Processor for excellent speed and quality.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode helps you capture brilliant results.
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode helps deliver expertly optimized photos and offers improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Feature Guide offers short descriptions of shooting modes, settings and effects for easy operation.
- Continuous shooting up to 3.0 fps allows you to capture the action.
- Large, 3.0-inch LCD monitor for easy viewing and sharing with friends and family.
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- 9-point AF system (including one center cross-type AF point) and AI Servo AF help provide necessary options for impressive autofocus performance and accurate results.
- Creative Filters including Toy Camera, Fisheye and Miniature Effect help you capture everything with a new perspective.
- Express your creativity with ease using advanced imaging features like Basic+ and Creative Auto.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
The Canon Rebel T5 is EOS Performance Made Simple
Perfect for families, those new to photography and those moving up to a DSLR. The Canon Rebel T5 (1200D in Europe) makes it easy to capture HD quality movies and photos that are stunning. It features a powerful 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and Canon’s DIGIC 4 Image Processor for simple recording of HD quality video and high resolution photos. It has a has a large 3 inch LCD screen for Live View recording and viewing. With its 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system and wide ISO range it’s result will be great even in low light conditions. If you want the camera to take out the guess work from shots you have shooting modes like Scene Intelligent Auto plus creative options like Canon’s Basic+ function and Creative Auto.. With a helpful Feature Guide, rugged, lightweight construction and proven Canon design, the EOS Rebel T5 (1200D) makes EOS SLR photography faster and easier than ever!
Why Buy the Canon Rebel T5 DSLR – Canon 1200D
Reviews of Canon Rebel T5*
Amazing products –Amazing camera, I got the kit with the 18-55 and the 75-300 I love everything about this camera. I use it for photos of family gatherings, but I just used it to take pictures of the long beach grand prix. The 3fps worked well for the close shots between drivers. (Apr 2015)
Just what I was looking for –I was looking to upgrade from a point and shoot, friends and relatives pointed me to the T5, Love that it came with the 18-55 and 75-300 lenses. Bought this for wildlife and landscape shots, and love the manual focus. Only had the T5 for a couple of weeks and I am an amateur photographer but I am hooked. (Apr 2015)
DSLR Value – A beginners value in the DSLR line. The kit I bought also included a 75-300mm lens. I’m a noob and getting great pictures. I was very disappointed there was no wifi. However I found the camera is set up to use eye-fi SD cards which transfer pictures via wifi for you. There are various GPS utilities to assist you with tagging your pictures too if that’s important to you.
I’m going to give this to my daughter for her birthday I’ve preordered the t6s and should get it in a few days. I’m extremely excited. (Apr 2015)
Excellent buy -I had a 35mm Cannon before, and a couple of small digital cameras. l This is by far the one of the best camera’s I have ever owned. Still getting the hang of all it’s features. I highly recommend this camera. (Apr 2015)
* Sample Reviews courtesy of Canon USA
What’s in the Box?
EOS Rebel T5 Body (1200D)
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
Battery Pack LP-E10
Battery Charger LC-E10
Wide Strap EW-300D
USB Interface Cable IFC-130U
EOS Digital Solution Disc & Software Instruction Manual CD
Camera Instruction Manual
STM Lenses – perfect lenses for the Canon T6i
We saw the introduction of the Canon STM lens in 2012. Designed to be used with their APS-C digital sensors cameras they have features that are particularly suited for those wanting to capture video – even the on/off switch now has a video selector.
There are now three STM lenses suited to the likes of the Canon 650D, 700D and new 100D
•Standard Kit Lens – Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens. Features 4 stop Image Stabiliser for use in low light. Focusing as close as 0.25m.
•Zoom Kit Lens – Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Zoom lens. Features 4 stop Image Stabilisation and focusing down to 0.39m.