Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only)
The Canon 1DX Mark II brings the shooting speeds and video functionality required by professional multimedia image-makers. Announced in February 2016 the EOS-1D X Mark II is the flagship model within Canon’s Professional DSLR’s and is characterized by its robust processing capabilities and ability to enable a high-end multimedia workflow.
What’s New in the Canon 1D X Mark 2?
It’s impressive capabilities are possible thanks to its full-frame 20.2MP CMOS sensor and dual DIGIC 6+ image processors, which contribute to fast continuous shooting rates at a staggering 16 fps in live view, 14 fps with full-time AF and AE, and an expanded sensitivity range from ISO 50-409600. THis camera is just what the videographer has been waiting for – the sensor and processor combination facilitates DCI 4K video recording at 60 fps and Full HD 1080p recording at 120 fps, along with the ability to record on-board to a CFast 2.0 memory card, or uncompressed Full HD video can be saved via HDMI to an optional external recorder.
Stills shooting will be precise with its 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system, which includes 41 cross-type points. Shooting video is enhanced by Dual Pixel CMOS AF – the first time it is seen in a full-frame sensor and ensuring smooth, quick, and controllable AF in live view.
Complementing the robust set of imaging specs is an equally robust physical design based on a magnesium alloy body construction that is both dust- and weather-sealed for use in harsh environments. Integrated within the body is a large 3.2″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD for bright, high-resolution live view monitoring and image review, and a large 0.76x Intelligent Viewfinder II is offered for clear eye-level shooting. For versatility in file handling, both CFast and CompactFlash memory card slots are available, and the 1D X Mark II also supports sharing imagery over Wi-Fi, as well as wireless remote camera control, via the optional WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter. Additionally, a built-in GPS module permits in-camera geotagging of photos and videos, and also allows for auto time syncing with the Universal Time Code for more efficient file sharing and organization.
Summary of Key Features of Canon 1D X Mark II
For Full Specification Click Here
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors
- High Density Reticular AF II and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- DCI 4K Video Recording
- EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF
- Built-in GPS module
- Large 3.2″ 1.62m-dot Clear View II LCD monitor
- Dual CFast and CompactFlash memory card slots
- Intelligent Viewfinder II – 0.76x magnification and 100% frame coverage
- Robust magnesium alloy body
- Integrated vertical grip
- LP-E19 battery is rated to provide up to 1210 shots per charge
- Redesigned mirror mechanism helps to minimize mechanical vibrations
- High-performance shutter utilizes lightweight carbon fiber blades
- Extensive connectivity ports allow for the attachment of various accessories.
- Digital Lens Optimizer technology